Dagingan

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Post #1: Poems


Here's a taste of our words-- some poems written by some of our members. This is our first post and, soon, we will be posting other samples (pieces) of our writing. Enjoy!
--

A Stained Yellow Veil

Amidst the dark nights of endeavors,
Bit by bit the pain has trembled thy pores.
The extreme hatred of thy being--
A lot of which I've lost to where I cling.
And if despair be wins thy soul today;
Forever will I surrender to where I lay!
So many fortnights have caused a lot of weeping
And the only lament I keep that it was for nothing
Like a rose Cleopatra left withered in the dark
So wilted and very less filled with spark.
The bleeding has caused so much envy,
That I am cored with their pity.
The deepest shadows has never gone themselves
The rays have never cared to pass like elves
I fear and struggle in the passage of eternity
So long as I have come to live in complexity.
And if tomorrow is another rain I have to face
Be it in the sandless shore I have to race
To stop the pain from getting where I am to be,
For I know every misery is nothing but me!

-by Hevah Naga Salic

-----------------------


The Chrysanthemum

I was once a flower who stood all spring
O'er the highway watching everyone pass
Hearing people talk about the recent mass
Staring at the infinite sky, waiting
For someone to pluck me and make me sing
Who won't just put me in a piece of glass
Or throw me out the window like a dead grass
One who'll give joy and all this life may bring
Days tossed, my waiting didn't come to an end
Watched every flower wave goodbye
I'd do nothing but give them bitter smiles.
Would the world allow my time to extend?
Let me not wither sooner before my
Someone might be out there running through miles.

-by Hasnia Pangarungan Casan


-----------------------


Peace and Order

I see you in the premises
With Peace and Order in your hands.
Love and Reason fight within me.
I might end up in jail again
if I catch your eye behind your shades
because when you smile...
when you talk to me...
when you shake my hand...
you never restore Peace and Order in my heart.

-by Melissa C. de la Sena


-----------------------


Anchor

A rotten wreck of a heart
Drifts
In the sea of life.
Aimlessly, it Wanders.

Now a proud vessel,
It is buoyed and
Held in place by
An anchor.
You.

by Jaharah A. Solaiman

-----------------------


Hopes, Dreams, and Some Other Things

Today I woke up in a dream
Feeling like I dreamt for a long, long time
I was just too scared to wake up
And now, thank God, I'm awake

Today I am going to search for peace
I have been fighting this war for so long
And though I am bruised, tired and dazed
I am happy becase I realized I have learned so much

Today I am seeing the world in a new light
Each smile that paints on my face
Each tear that spilled and will be spilled
It will never be a thing to regret for

Today I will not think of yesterday
I will lock it up somewhere here in my heart
For it to have the peace and forgiveness it deserves
Until the time comes that I will remember again.

-by Khadijah Usman Abduljalil

-----------------------


Life As It Is

Great as life may be so, ‘tis but true
As the beauteous sun shines a glittery gem,
Truly, strife abounds as with the sun’s beam
Also comes the burning heat of all Sahara.

No man, methinks, walks the road of life, oh,
Grand it is, indeed, with bluish grief, so
Aptly put, amiss or misery’s blow to men
Torn away by the magic and awe of life.
A great many men saw greatness, blindly.
Needing more towards happiness’ gift, but nil,
Lost were everything greatness to them gave.
Oh, what a pity to fall on one’s brown feet!
Love, sorrow, happiness, loss- in life- all a must.
"Alas," hopeful me says, "What a beautiful life!"

-by Diandra-Ditma Aguam Macarambon


posted by Dagingan at 22:08

2 Comments:

mam, i love the site. i'm really happy to be part of dagingan. especially with mentors like you guys. i'm truly honored=)

January 12, 2008 at 5:28:00 PM GMT+8  

Hi there! :)

If you have a blog, please do send me your url so you can be included in the links! Email addy: msu.dagingan@gmail.com.

Thanks! :)

January 20, 2008 at 1:22:00 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home